Approved MSHA Courses
Part 46-New Inexperienced Miner Training
Applies to Training and Retraining of Miners Engaged in Shell Dredging or Employed at Sand, Gravel, Surface Stone, Surface Clay, Colloidal Phosphate, or Surface Limestone Mines.
- Not less than 24 hours of total training
- Minimum of 8 hrs before being assigned work duties
- Miners who have not yet received the full 24 hours of new miner training must work where an experienced miner can observe
Part 48 Subpart B-New Inexperienced Miner Training
Applies to training and retraining of Miners working at Surface Mines and Surface Areas of underground Mines.
- 24 hours required
- No less than 8 hours given before assigned work duties
- New Miners shall then receive the remainder of the required 24 hours of training; or up to 16 hours, within 60 days.
Part 48 Subpart A-New Inexperienced Miner Training
Applies to training and retraining of Underground Miners
- Each new miner shall receive no less than 40 hours of training
- 40 training hours must be completed before such miner is assigned to work duties
- Approximately 8 hours of training shall be given at the mine site